The FDA is working with U.S. government partners including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), medical product manufacturers, and international partners to closely monitor and mitigate the effects of an outbreak caused by a novel (new) coronavirus first identified in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. Find the most recent FDA updates on our Coronavirus Disease 2019 page.
These frequently asked questions are for a general public or consumer audience. Other audiences may want to refer to more detailed information:
- FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Emergency Use Authorizations
- Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Information for Healthcare Professionals (CDC)
- COVID-19 Information for Specific Audiences (CDC)