Job Posting – Executive Director
The Sylvania Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated proven and motivational leader to assume the position of Executive Director. The ideal candidate will be hands on and goal oriented, capable of leading and managing employees and teams of volunteers. Strong communication and organizational skills are fundamental requirements of this position. The successful applicant must be comfortable raising funds from the business community and engaging support from the business community, and state, regional and local governments.
REPORTS TO: Chamber Chair of the Board, Executive Committee and The Board of Directors
NATURE OF POSITION: Full-Time – Salary Exempt
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree and/or Commensurate Work Experience
SCOPE: Responsible for any and all activities of the Chamber as directed by The Board of Directors and its Executive Committee. Coordination and Implementation of Developing and Executing the Chamber’s Strategic Plan, organizational structure and procedures, income and expenditures, employment, training and supervision of staff, responsible for the Chamber offices.
The Executive Director shall be a non-voting member of all committees and The Board of Directors. The Executive Director shall schedule regular committee and board meetings. The Executive Director shall coordinate the work of all committees to see that projects and goals are executed properly.
The Executive Director is responsible for the following essential functions and shall possess the following qualities:
- Planning, Development and Execution of the Chamber’s Strategic Plan.
- Set high standards of integrity and ethical conduct throughout the organization.
- Strong financial acumen. Responsible with the Chamber Treasurer for the preparation of an operating budget, relating budget to program goals, subject to approval by The Board of Directors. Shall prepare specific plans for meeting the budget. Also be responsible for all expenditures within approved budget.
- Collaborative Leadership. The Executive Director leads through fostering strong working and community relationships with the business and government communities. The candidate works well with these communities to jointly promote the Greater Sylvania Area.
- Business Advocacy. The Sylvania Area Chamber of Commerce represents its members’ interests at the local, regional, and state levels on public policies that impact the greater business environment. The successful candidate will possess strong political and business acumen; politically balanced leading in a bi-partisan manner.
- Lead the area of membership services to ensure a compelling value proposition for current and prospective members. Ensure member retention and implement plans for membership growth per the Strategic Planning process.
- Strong communication skills. The Executive Director is the primary spokesperson for the Chamber and is responsible for leading the communication process to the membership, general public and media outlets.
- Administration and Staffing. The Executive Director is responsible for the employment of all staff personnel, the assignment of duties, the supervision of work, and the establishment of the terms of their employment, within the framework of the approved budget and Chamber policies. The Executive Director creates a positive workplace environment to maximize Chamber performance and employee morale.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com or it can be mailed to:
Sylvania Area Chamber of Commerce
5632 N. Main St.
Sylvania, OH 43560